Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Pie chart that charts Pie



So I want to make a pie chart.

A pie chart that charts people's favorite type of pie.

Now, It may sound easy, but this has turned out to be much more difficult than I originally anticipated.

Problem one arised when I was trying to figure out my favoite type of pie... "Pecan? No... Pumpkin... Wait... That Apple Carmel pie I buy at Pathmark..." Not only was I unable to determine my favorite type of pie, I was left hungry and wanting pie... And what about Chicken Pot-Pie? Does that even count??

Problem two: I don't know enough people to gather a large enough pool of data for something as important as this, 1000 people would be Ideal, as long as I don't have to do any counting to 1000, and everyone else does the "math" for me. I guess I could settle for just 100 people, but i still don't want to do any "math"...


Why go through all this effort to make a pie chart on pie?

Because some one has to do it, and that someone is me.

1 comment:

the_duck_show said...

I can't believe you. You're a copy cat. That's ok, I guess. At least I'll have someone to nod in approval at all my blogs.

Wouldn't that apple pie you buy at Pathmark just be apple pie? It is different. That makes things more complicated. If someone says "apple pie", you have to be rude and hit them with another question, "Do you buy it at Pathmark?"
And how many votes does Tray get?